Choosing The Color Of Furniture For Your Room
Choosing the right color of the furniture can make or break your home décor. The right color furniture can turn your room into a haven of peace and beauty, and the wrong color can totally ruin the effect you had in mind. Here are some things that you should keep in mind when you choose furniture for your home or office.
1. Consider your walls: if you have vibrant, bright walls, for example, a toned-down sepia or a naked wood finish will not work. Choose a color that will go well with your walls.
2. Consider natural light: a major factor in choosing furniture color should be the kind and amount of natural light your room gets. You can offset sunny, airy rooms with darker colors, which might become oppressive in a less airy, darker room. For those rooms, choose lighter, bright colors.
3. Consider lighting: it will not be the day all the time you are in the room. So consider the amount and kind of lighting you have installed in the room. A room may seem bright by day but there may not be adequate lighting there in the evening hours. In such cases, it is better to go with light-colored furniture.
4. Consider your décor: Choose your pieces to complement each other and go with the general tone of your room. If your room is full of baroque, heavy décor, a light-colored piece of furniture will look totally out of place in it.
5. Consider the dimensions: look at the size of your room. Heavy, black or dark wood finishes may work perfectly in a larger space but will make smaller rooms feel cluttered and closed in. For such smaller spaces, it is better to choose lighter colors and light pieces.
6. Consider your purpose: is the furniture for your own bedroom? Is it for the kids’ room? Is it going to the garden? Your color choices may vary with the location in each case.
7. Consider the usage: although pretty, light colors set the tone for a light airy room, if it sees heavy usage, the furniture will require higher maintenance. For high usage areas, consider choosing darker colors for low maintenance furniture.
8. Consider the furnishings: is the room hung with pink curtains and drapes? Are there large floral prints on the furnishings? Is the art or the prints on the upholstery in geometric shapes? Your new furniture will have to fit in with these, in color and style.
9. Consider pre-existing furniture: when buying just one piece, try to coordinate it with the pieces you already have in the room, rather than choosing something outlandish at random.
10. Consider your tastes: by far the most important factor when choosing furniture for your room, is your personal choice, your sense of style. Make sure you take the time to decide if you LIKE what you buy, enough to live with it.
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Jia_Mata/1686465
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7992888
Related-Searches: colorful furniture living room, unique colorful furniture, colorful furniture stores, colorful furniture for sale, colorful painted furniture, colorful furniture living room, colorful painted furniture, colorful wood furniture, colorful dresser, colorful sofa, Wayfair, multicolor accent chair with arms, accent furniture pieces, yellow accent chair IKEA, accent furniture cabinet, crate and barrel Chloe chair, Grayson swivel chair colorful living room furniture sets, colorful dresser, Wayfair